Gatsbyesque glamour sets the tone, and this luxe boutique property is worth a little splash of cash for a special occasion.
Beautifully restored in Art Deco style with a contemporary twist, it's a feast for the senses, complemented by unparalleled service, giving the feeling that maybe - just maybe - Leonardo DiCaprio might appear at any moment.
This location was actually the site of the original Hyde Park Corner Tube station and telling archways remain as large windows, and even the exterior of the hotel features bricks from the old landmark.
Given it's central location, the hotel is conveniently located for shopping, drinks and some swanning around Hyde Park.
Eat and Drink
The Wellesley features several spaces for indulging, including the beautiful Jazz Lounge with its grand piano centrepiece; the captivating (and award-winning) Crystal Bar for all champagne desires, and the opulent Oval Restaurant where a delectable Italian-inspired menu is on offer.
- Live jazz (Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays) in the hotel's divine Jazz Lounge which boasts brilliant acoustics thanks to the venue's musical roots.
- The delicious cocktails on offer in the Crystal Bar .
- The beds − like sleeping on clouds.
- Courtesy Rolls Royce chauffeur service, and a butler service renowned for being able to source anything you want, day or night.
- Fast, free WiFi and dozens of free movies available on-demand.
Prices start at £390 per room per night. There are 36 rooms in all (29 suites and 7 deluxe bedrooms).
See thewellesley.co.uk or call 020 7235 3535.
The Wellesley, 11 Knightsbridge SW1X 7QS.
Sarah Blinco blogs at TravelLiveLearn.com and tweets @sarahblinco
REVIEW: LAURA ASHLEY'S FIRST BOUTIQUE HOTEL
TOP 10 HOLIDAY DESTINATIONS FOR 2014
MORE TRAVEL IDEAS & REVIEWS