Why should you go on a skiing holiday?
- You can burn around 365 calories an hour. Fitness experts say you can lose up to 5 pounds during a week's skiing holiday as a typical day can burn up to 3,000 calories.
- That fresh mountain air does you the world of good.
- You don't have to go too far. Some of the world's best ski resorts are a short transfer from Geneva airport and with budget deals popping up all over the place, it doesn't have to cost the earth.
- Two words – après ski. That means you get to stand around in your salopettes in the snow drinking gluhwein and schnapps to the pumping beat of European electro pop.
- Whether you're a beginner or expert, a week on the slopes tones your stomach, leg muscles, and improves your overall cardiovascular system by getting your blood pumping.
- Because you get to stand on the top of mountains and look at views that will take your breath away.
- Drinking out of a hip flask before lunchtime is considered perfectly acceptable.
- Because throwing yourself down the slopes at super fast speeds makes you impossibly cool. It is big and it's clever.
- Wham! Christmas jumpers are essential.
GO ON A HAM AND WINE TOUR OF MADRID
REMOTE HOLIDAYS TO AVOID GETTING PAPPED ON
MORE HOLIDAY IDEAS