Though Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel was born way back in 1883, her influence over fashion and all things chic still holds as strong as ever.
Much like Karl Lagerfeld's leather-clad grip on her original notions of classic style, Coco's relevance as a true icon really does refuse to wane.
So on her 129th birthday, I think it's only right that we celebrate a life dedicated to style with a chic stroll down memory lane.
Cue the top 10 life and style rules from the original queen of elegance...
1. The Little Black Dress is always appropriate. Though Coco first created her signature LBD in 1926, it's a style staple that's set to live on forever!
2. Find what works: "The best colour in the whole world is the one that looks good on you."
3. But if in doubt, go for monochrome: "Women think of all colours except the absence of colour. I have said that black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony."
4. Never sacrifice on a good fit: "A beautiful dress may look beautiful on a hanger, but that means nothing. It must be seen on the shoulders, with the movement of the arms, the legs, and the waist."
5. Make an effort. Always. "I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness." So no popping to the shop in slippers and rollers!
6. Less is always more when it comes to bling: "When accessorising, always take off the last thing you put on." Coco favoured classic pearls, naturally.
7. Be selective with trends: "Fashion changes, but style endures." Might skip the whole disco pants thing then...
8. Want to get noticed? Play it chic: "Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman."
9. Everyone should own a tweed box jacket. They even smarten up jeans.
10. Make this your mantra: "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous."
Joyeux anniversaire Coco Chanel, you wonderfully witty thing!