Well, unless you're having a fashion blogger/Fearne Cotton day, there are some easy tips to remember that will help you bring the look into your real life.
We've done it, we've loved it, but hey, we're not about to don some strappy flats with polka dot socks. We're not mad (or hip) enough.
How to wear socks and sandals?
- Match the colour of the socks to the sandals for a more subtle look
- Opt for a closed toe style for less of a 'look at my sock covered toes' vibe
- Keep heels and straps chunky to avoid looking like a child playing dress up - ps they have to be heels
- Team with cropped jeans for a low key look
- Wear with confidence (don't stare at your feet thinking 'are socks with sandals really ok?')
- Check the weather forecast. Socks and sandals never look more silly than in the rain
Will you be trying out the look? Take a pic and tweet us @handbagcom
FASHION TRIAL: HOW TO WEAR A BANDANA
FASHION FAUX PAS OR TREND OF THE SEASON?
MORE FASHION HOW TOS AND ADVICE