So, how do you wear this sports luxe look if you're not, you know, Rihanna?
Phoebe Lettice has brought out her seriously hipster collection for Illustrated People, which includes basketball shorts in dinosaur and eye ball prints.
But, if that all sounds far too scary, and borderline absurd, we've got some tips for doing it a more subtle way.
How to wear basketball shorts in real life
- Unless you want to look like you're actually on your way to the courts, this is about emulating shape, not fabric
- Sticking to monochrome will keep the look wearable
- Play around with details and texture - ours are embossed with subtle yellow piping (thank you H&M)
- Skate shoes are an easy match, it's about striking a balance between sporty and formal
- With your top half it is important to maintain that you have a shape - the sheer trend can come in handy at this point - we went for a see-through jumper to keep things casual but not swamped.
This may seem a bit out there for some, but hey, they never said we'd like socks and sandals...look at us now.
How to wear this seasons' difficult trends
Will you be trying out the look? Take a pic and tweet us @handbagcom
FASHION TRIAL: CAN WE REALLY GET ON BOARD WITH BUM BAGS?
THE 90S THREW UP ON RIHANNA LAST NIGHT
MORE FASHION HOW TOS AND ADVICE