Pretending you know the tennis rules while watching Wimbledon can be exhausting and sometimes a tad awkward.
So do yourself a favour and learn the point, game, set, match rules. Time to impress your mates...
1. Tennis is played on a rectangular court by 2 players (singles), or 4 players (doubles).
2. A ball cannot bounce more than once to still be live.
3. The ball must go over the net and within the boundaries of the court.
4. Players are allowed 2 serves to get the point started.
5. A serve starts the point from behind the baseline and must land in the service box diagonally opposite.
6. After every point players change sides.
7. Scoring is by winning points to win games, games to win sets, and then sets win the match.
8. First person to win 6 games wins a set, but only if they are leading by 2 clear games, If it gets to 6-6 a tiebreak is played.
9. Matches are usually the best of 3 sets.
10.Players swap serve every game and change ends every other game.
11. In doubles the server rotates so that each player will serve every 4 games.
Phew! Are you all clued up now and ready to cheer on Andy Murray? Tweet us @handbagcom
WHAT KIM SEARS WEARS TO WATCH THE TENNIS
HOW WATCHING ANDY MURRAY COULD HELP YOUR CAREER
MORE INTERESTING STUFF