Orange and Lemon Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and fi nely grated
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Rice or noodles, to serve
Place all the ingredients except the oil together in a bowl. Stir well, cover with cling fi lm and leave to marinate in the fridge for an hour.
When you are ready to cook the chicken, heat the oil in a work or large non-stick frying pan on a high heat, until it is very hot. Add the chicken mixture with all the juices.
Stir-fry for 10–15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Cut open one of the largest strips to check the meat is no longer pink inside.
Serve the cooked chicken with the sauce from the pan drizzled on top, accompanied by rice or noodles, such as special fried rice or edamame soy noodles.
For more beginner's baking recipes pick up The Hungry Student Easy Baking by Charlotte Pike, here.
Will you be giving this a try?
8 PERFECT PIE RECIPES FOR AUTUMN
EASY APPLE, CINNAMON AND YOGURT CAKE
RECIPES TO MAKE YOU A MASTER OF MINCE