Sun-Dried Tomato Burgers
Makes: 10-12 mini burgers
- 450/1lb beef mince
- 1 medium onion, peeled and grated
- 45ml/3tbsp freshly chopped oregano or 15ml/1tbsp dried oregano
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped mint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped
In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together.
Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into small 5cm/2inch burgers in diameter. If time allows cover and chill for 20 minutes.
Cook the burgers on a prepared barbecue or a preheated moderate grill for 3-4 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked and any meat juices run clear.
Serve the burgers in buns or rolls of your choice with a salad garnish and a selection of relishes. We recommend balsamic vinegar to bring out the flavour of the tomatoes.
Tip: If preferred use the mince mixture to make full sized burgers instead.
10 mins plus 20 mins chilling time
Under 10 mins
Will you be giving this a try?
GREEK RECIPE: BEETROOT AND ORANGE SUMMER SALAD
RECIPE: YOGHURT SPICED CHICKEN WITH SALAD
MINI ROASTING PICANHA JOINTS WITH SUMMER VEGETABLES