Mini Roasting Picanha Joints with Summer Vegetables
- 4 x 150-200g/5-7oz mini roasting picanha joints (also known as top sirloin, rump cover or rump cap)
- 10ml/2tsp ground paprika
- 15ml/1tbsp runny honey or maple syrup
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 375g/12oz salad potatoes, e.g Charlotte, halved, cooked, drained and cooled
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut into small wedges
- 45ml/3tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 60ml/4tbsp fresh thyme leaves
In a small bowl mix together the paprika, honey or maple syrup, 15ml/1tbsp oil and seasoning to form a paste.
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
In a large roasting tin, gently mix together the potatoes, onions, fennel, oil and thyme. Season.
Brush the picanha portions with the paprika paste and position on top of the vegetables.
Roast for 25-30 minutes until the beef and vegetables are cooked. From time to time during cooking shake the pan.
Serve the beef with the vegetables and crusty bread.
Tip: This recipe works well with mini lamb roasting joints too.
Will you be giving this South American treat a try?
BBQ IDEAS: HOMEMADE FALAFEL WITH A YOGHURT DIP
SIMPLE & HEALTHY MEXICAN SALMON & GUACAMOLE RECIPE
CHICKEN, PRAWN AND CHORIZO JAMBALAYA