Lamb, Apricot and Coriander Burgers
- 450g/1lb lamb mince
- 25g/1oz dried apricots, finely chopped
- 25g/1oz shelled pistachio nuts or almonds, finely chopped (optional)
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped coriander or mint
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into 4 x 9cm/3½inch burgers. Cover and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Cook the burgers on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
Serve the burgers in a burger bun with a salad garnish and a selection of relishes.
As an alternative, shape with mince mixture into mini meatballs or koftas, mould onto small metal skewers then cook as required and serve as mini kebabs.
15 mins plus chilling time
Under 20 mins
Are you going to give this a try?
WHAT JLS DID NEXT: JB MAKES BURGERS
BBQ IDEAS: HOMEMADE FALAFEL WITH A YOGHURT DIP
SIMPLE & HEALTHY MEXICAN SALMON & GUACAMOLE RECIPE