Chicken, prawn and chorizo jambalaya
- 1 pouch of Tilda Steamed Basmati Barbecue Rice
- 2 tbsps of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp. of Cajun seasoning
- 1 large chicken breast, diced
- 50g of diced chorizo
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 200ml of chicken stock
- A handful of freshly chopped parsley
- 8 large king prawns
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Guacamole dip and lemon wedges to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or a paella pan if you have one. If using a paella pan pop on top of a hot barbecue
Add the garlic and Cajun seasoning until sizzling
Add the chicken breast and chorizo and coat well. Cook over a high heat for 4-5 minutes
Add the chicken stock and rice and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
Add the celery and peppers and cook for a further few minutes.
Stir in the parsley and heat through. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Brush the prawns with a little oil and cook on the barbecue or in a griddle pan for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Place the prawns on top of the Jambalaya and serve with Guacamole and a splash of lemon juice.
Will you be giving this a try?
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO SALAD RECIPE
HEALTHY RECIPE: KALE AND CHORIZO STEW
GIZZI'S PORK AND CHORIZO MEATBALLS