This recipe is high in omega-3 and is a good source of protein too...
- 700g King Edward potatoes, diced
- 300g salmon fillets (try using lightly smoked salmon fillets for extra flavour)
- 1 medium eggs
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- 20g Fresh Living Dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Living Mint, chopped
- 200ml tub half fat crème fraiche
- 2 tbsp garlic mayonnaise (50g)
- 1 tbsp oil
Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes until tender, drain and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, poach the salmon and eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes, cool. Flake the salmon and chop the boiled eggs.
Mash the potato and stir in the salmon, egg, spring onions, half the dill and mint, season. Mould into 8 fishcakes and chill for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix together the crème fraiche, mayonnaise and the remaining dill and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the fishcakes in 2 batches for 3-4 minutes each side until golden. Serve with the dill dip and a green salad.
15 mins plus chilling
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Sat Fat: 7.9g
For more advice on using fresh herbs in your meals visit, The Fresh Herb Company website.
Will you be eating these fish cakes tonight?
10 FOODS THAT MAKE HAYFEVER WORSE
MILLIE MACKINTOSH RECOVERS WITH POST-GLASTO PIZZA
SEXIST SAUSAGES CAUSE OUTCRY IN GERMANY