Tea Roasted Vegetables with Brown Rice and Griddled Halloumi
- 1 medium sweet potato (175 g), peeled and chopped
- 2 medium beetroot (175 g), peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 PG tips Rich One teabags
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g brown rice
- 200 g halloumi cheese
- 30 g watercress
Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas Mark 5.
Place the chopped sweet potato, beetroot, peppers and red onion in a roasting tin. Split the teabags open and sprinkle the contents over the vegetables with olive oil and toss well to cover. Roast in the oven for 35 minutes.
Towards the end of the cooking time, cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
Cook the halloumi cheese in a hot griddle or in a hot frying pan for 2-3 minutes each side until golden.
Drain the rice and divide between four plates.
Toss the watercress into the roasted vegetables and spoon over the rice.
Top with the griddled halloumi.
Note: Veggies could be roasted in foil on a barbecue
Salt: 1.6 g
Will you be giving this a try?
3 POSH IDEAS FOR FESTIVAL COOKING
KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN WINGS
ROASTED VEGETABLE AND GOAT'S CHEESE TARTS