- 450-675g/1-1½lb lean lamb neck fillets or boneless shoulder, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- For the Herb and Spice Marinade:
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 10ml/2tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 10ml/2tsp cardamom pods, crushed
- From the Store Cupboard:
- 45ml/3tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp balsamic vinegar
To prepare the herb and spice marinade; in a large shallow non-metallic dish mix all the ingredients including those from the store cupboard together.
Place the lamb cubes in the mixture and coat well on both sides.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours, or overnight if time allows.
Remove the lamb from the marinade and thread onto 6 small wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes).
Cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side.
Serve on a bed of mixed couscous salad.
For more amazing beef and lamb recipes and barbecue tips visit www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk/.
Are you having a BBQ this weekend?
SWEET POTATOES WITH GOAT'S CHEESE RECIPE
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO SALAD RECIPE
TANDOORI-STYLE LAMB KOFTAS RECIPE