Sticky Lamb Ribs
- 1.3kg/3lb lean lamb ribs
- For the Marinade:
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated
- 300ml/½ pint ginger ale or cola
- 30ml/2tbsp light soy sauce
- 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp runny honey
- Freshly milled black pepper
- For the Tomato, Pasta and Pea Salad:
- 200g/7oz dried pasta shapes, cooked, drained and cooled
- 200g/7oz cherry or baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 100g/4oz fresh or frozen shelled peas, blanched in hot water
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- For the Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp white wine or cider vinegar
- 45ml/3tbsp extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
To prepare the marinade; in a large non-metallic dish mix all the ingredients together. Add the lamb and marinate for a minimum of 2 hours, or overnight if time allows.
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C/400°F.
Remove the lamb from the marinade and transfer to a large non-stick roasting tin. Roast for 1 hour covered with foil, turning once. Remove the foil, return to the oven uncovered for the final 30 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare the salad; put the pasta, tomatoes, peas and parsley in a large bowl.
In a small screw-topped jar with a lid mix all the vinaigrette ingredients together. Pour the mixture over the salad then toss gently.
Transfer the ribs to a large plate and serve with the salad.
Tip: For barbecue style ribs, coat the ribs in 150ml/¼ pint prepared barbecue sauce and cook according to the method instructions.
30 minutes, plus marinating time
1 hour 30 minutes
For more amazing beef and lamb recipes and barbecue tips visit www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk/.
Will you be giving this recipe a try?
FILO TARTLETS WITH ASIAN BEEF SALAD
ENJOY LEFTOVER BEEF WITH SOME BEEFED UP SARNIES
FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER: TASTY BEEF CURRY WITH RICE
IRISH BEEF STEW WITH HERBY DUMPLINGS RECIPE