- 200g (7 oz) good quality white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 600g (1lb 6oz) mixed berries taken straight from the fridge, hulled
- 250ml (8fl oz) double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- Little coarsely grated white chocolate to decorate
Add the chocolate to a bowl and set this over a saucepan of gently simmering water, making sure that the base of the bowl is not touching the water. Heat gently for five minutes until the chocolate has melted.
Meanwhile divide the berries between serving glasses, halving or quartering any large strawberries.
Gradually stir the cream into the chocolate then mix in the vanilla and honey until smooth. Continue heating, stirring from time to time for five minutes until the sauce is hot.
Pour the chocolate cream over the berries, decorate with grated chocolate and serve immediately.
CARAMEL POACHED BLUEBERRIES WITH CRÈME FRAICHE RECIPE
OH MY! ERIC LANLARD'S HOT GINGERBREAD SOUFFLÉ RECIPE
MASTERCHEF RECIPE: CHOCOLATE FONDANT