Super simple - just prepare the fruit and bung it in the oven. It's prefect after a Sunday lunch. Serve with ice cream or crème fraiche to make it extra yummy.
- 4 pears, about 550 g in total, halved, cores scooped out with a teaspoon
- 6 plums, about 350 g (12 oz.) in total, halved, stoned
- 225 g (8 oz.) blackberries
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into large pieces
- 8 cloves
- 2-3 star anise, depending on size
- 1 orange, juice only
- 50 g (2 oz.) butter, diced
- 50 g (2 oz.) light muscovado sugar
Arrange the pears, plums and blackberries in a roasting tin. Sprinkle with the cinnamon, cloves and star anise. Spoon the orange juice over, dot with the butter then sprinkle with the sugar.
Bake in a preheated oven 190°C (375°F) Gas Mark 5 for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned. Serve hot spooned into bowls and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or spoonful of crème fraiche, if liked.
Tip: Experiment with different fruits such as peaches and nectarines.
CARAMEL POACHED BLUEBERRIES WITH CRÈME FRAICHE RECIPE
OH MY! ERIC LANLARD'S HOT GINGERBREAD SOUFFLÉ RECIPE
MASTERCHEF RECIPE: CHOCOLATE FONDANT