Rhubarb and ginger trifle
- 2 slices Madeira or sponge cake
- 1 large (or 2 small) stalks of rhubarb, cut into 5 cm chunks
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp extra thick double cream
- 4 tbsp ready to use custard
- 1 tsp Very Lazy Ginger paste
To make the roasted rhubarb, place the rhubarb chunks on a roasting tray and drizzle with 150ml of water and the caster sugar.
Place on a baking sheet lined with non-stick paper and roast for 15 minutes, or until just soft but still holding its shape. Leave to cool down completely.
To make the cream, tip the cream, custard and ginger paste into a bowl and mix well.
To assemble the puddings, divide the cake between some elegant glasses.
Top with some of the rhubarb and its syrup and finally the custard mixture.
Finish with a sprinkle of toasted flaked almonds, if desired.
TARTE AU CHOCOLAT RECIPE
BLUEBERRY BAKEWELL TART WITH RASPBERRY CREAM
MORE RECIPE IDEAS