1. One lemon has more than 100% of your daily vitamin C intake.
2. Citrus flavonoids found in lemon may inhibit the growth of cancer cells, particularly with colon, prostate and breast cancers.
3. Lemons help to cleanse the digestive tract and allow food to digest properly.
4. These little yellow superheroes aid in the production of antibodies in the blood that kill off invading microorganisms and prevent illness and infection. If you're feeling poorly, then a mean lemon is your best friend.
5. A cup of warm water with lemon can help with weight loss and lower cholesterol.
Do you incorporate super foods into your diet? Leave a comment below to be in with a chance of winning a £100 goodie bag
HEALTHY BEEF AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY
CHRISTMAS EXCESS AS 74M MINCE PIES HIT THE BINS
MANGO MASH SMOOTHIE TO BEAT YOUR CRAVINGS