The idea of having to turn around to someone and admit that sex with them isn't good is pretty mortifying. But once you've got it over with you'll probably notice positive changes and, hopefully, better orgasms.
Here are five ways to salvage your love life without taking drastic measures...
1. Don't forget that your sexual tastes change over time. If you've been with your partner for years, what worked back in 2009 probably isn't working for you in 2012. Update your man on your needs so he's not left behind.
2. Work at building intimacy and passion outside the bedroom, so that when you get there you feel more connected. Let your partner see the 'real you'; the more often they see you loosen up, the more relaxed they will be too.
3. Never accuse your partner of doing something wrong in the bedroom. If he wants sex five times a week and you only want it once, it's not his fault. It's a problem the two of you have so solve as a duo.
4. If you're feeling angry or awkward don't avoid sex completely, this will only make the situation worse in the long term. Admit there is a problem early on to stop it turning into a soap opera-style drama.
5. Partake in as many new experiences as possible. Instead of ordering in, go out. Instead of going shopping, take a drive through the countryside. Anything that feels different and exciting. Stop thinking the bedroom is the only place you can have sex and get busy in the kitchen. Have fun and stop worrying.
What do you think? Leave a comment below to be in with a chance of winning a £100 goodie bag
KEEP THE ROMANCE ALIVE ON A TIGHT BUDGET
WHAT HIS HANDS SAY ABOUT HIS SEX LIFE
CHRISTMAS 2012: SANTA'S SAUCY GIFT GUIDE