Heels are supposed to be sexy, right? But they're not easy to walk in. Some men have a thing about skyscraper high heels in the bedroom (just type high heel fetish into Google and you'll get what we mean) but it's easy to end up tottering rather than walking.
Heels elongate the legs and accentuate the ankles - think Cameron Diaz in The Mask. So far so good. Until you start walking.
Your knees get locked into place because your balance is tilted forward. When you walk in flats, your knee joints stay 'soft'. In heels they go 'hard'. The higher the heel, the 'harder' the knees. This is why it can look like you're walking on eggshells because you lose the bounce in your step.
More significantly, you lose the swing in your hips. Its Ironic - heels are meant to epitomise sexiness but they freeze the very part of your body that holds your sexual energy!
If your man is a massive fan of platform leather heels and sexy boots in the bedroom, here are a few top tips to help you get the swing back in your hips, feel sexy and walk confidently...
1. Stand barefoot and barelegged in front of a full length mirror. Turn sideways so that you can see yourself in profile.
2. Tense your knees. You'll be able to see them move. Relax them. Repeat this so you get familiar with the way they feel and look when your feet are flat on the ground.
3. Put on your highest heels. Come back to the mirror. Tense and relax your knees like you did before - gently. Don't force it. You'll notice that the movement is restricted.
4. Stay in front of the mirror. At the moment, you are titled onto the balls of your feet. With a very small movement rock back on to your heels - imagine that you are sinking the heels of your feet into the heels of the shoes. Your knees will automatically unlock and bend slightly. This is called 'softening' your knees. You'll notice that there is less pressure on the balls of your feet.
5. Start walking and put a swing in your hips. It will feel exaggerated at first. You'll find that its more comfortable to keep a swing in your hips if you keep your knees soft.
6. This will feel really odd and tricky at first, but keep practising. You'll be wearing six-inch bad boys in no time!
You're ready to walk into your next date with a sexy swing in your step.
For more advice from Vena, click here or follow her on Twitter @VenaRamphal.
What do you think?
DOES MILEY CYRUS HAS A NEW FLAME?
LAUREN GOODGER'S AWKWARD SNOG WITH JAKE MCLEAN
THE KAMA SUTRA 'TABLE' SEX POSITION
6 'SEXCESSORIES' YOU NEED IN YOUR BEDROOM