Your day simply can't go wrong if it starts with this delicious and decadent recipe from Clarks Maple Syrup.
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper, a good twist of the pepper mill
- 1 large egg
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 heaped tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- Sunflower oil for frying
- 8 rashers pancetta
- Clarks Maple Syrup for drizzling
- Sift the flour, baking powder, pepper and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and slowly whisk in the milk, egg and until you have a smooth thick batter.
- Add the melted butter and chives and stir.
- Heat a wide non stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a little oil.
- Cook the pancakes in batches by dropping about a tablespoon of batter for each pancake into the pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Transfer the pancakes to a warm plate and cover to keep warm.
- Grill the pancetta until crisp.
- Serve the pancakes topped with the pancetta and drizzle generously with maple syrup.
LIFE SKILLS: HOW TO COOK SCALLOPS
GOOEY ROASTED TREACLE BANANA RECIPE
MORE MOUTHWATERING RECIPES