In what has felt like a renovation Kevin McCloud and the Grand Designs team would be proud of, the royal home has been having work done for 18 months (and apparently at great cost to the tax payer – but we'll just side step past that little controversy for now).
Kensington apartment 1A: The facts
- British designer Kelly Hoppen has been in-charge of the spruce up
- The 20 room (twenty?!) apartment was previously home to Princess Margaret
- It has two nurseries and three kitchens (two for staff of course)
- Kate and Wills will share a bedroom (which is apparently quite shocking by Royal standards)
- They do however have separate bathrooms. Phew.
- Kate has gone for a neutral colour palette, according to US Weekly
- It has a panic room in case the palace comes under attack (but unlike Jodie Foster's, it is dressed up to look like any other room – but has special secret features. We're hoping they got one of those bookcases that slides to reveal a bat cave. That is badass.)
- However luxury comes at a price, there are video cameras in every room (even the bedroom? Come on that's got to be a disaster waiting to happen)
- Will's brother Prince Harry is hoping to become their neighbour in apartment 4B