Want to stay protected? Get rid of 'abc123' and 'iloveyou' (yes, they're in the top ten worst options) for something a little more sophisticated with our advice...
10 steps for creating (and remembering) the perfect online password
1. A strong password is normally eight characters long and includes letters, capitals, numbers and symbols. No exceptions.
2. Simply replacing letters with numbers in a word intimately connected to you isn't effective. So, handb1g would be a bit pants.
3. Random phrases are the best way to keep people out. Think of an obscure character in your favourite TV show or a random restaurant you went to in Cornwall.
4. Try intentionally misspelling a word in your chosen phrase to make it even more secure, so 'orangeflowrrpower21!' would be more secure than 'orangeflowerpower'. You could also try substituting your favourite phrase or song lyric like 'You're gonna hear me roar' with 'Y.G,h,m,r!'.
5. Change your passwords regularly or at least twice a year to ensure you're always on guard against digital attacks.
6. Use different passwords for all your digital subscriptions. Experts warn that using the same password for entertainment packages, like Netflix, and your online banking is a recipe for disaster.
7. Keep all your passwords in a secret place that isn't visible. Write them down on a piece of paper and hide it in your sock drawer - just don't keep them on your phone, in your wallet or on your desktop.
8. Finally, test all your passwords with an internet checker, like Microsoft's option here.
Will you be giving all of this advice a try? Tweet us @handbagcom.
HOW TO: CARRY YOUR HANDBAG SECURELY
5 WAYS TO PROTECT YOUR ONLINE DATA FROM HACKERS
MORE GADGET NEWS