Serves: 4 adults
- 4 kiwi fruit peeled and sliced
- 200g red or green seedless grapes halved
- ½ melon, Cantaloupe or Galia peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 8 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 pinch ground ginger (optional)
1. In a fruit bowl, mix together the sliced kiwi fruit, grapes and melon.
2. Mix together the low fat yoghurt and ginger (if using). Share the fruit between four serving bowls and
spoon the yoghurt mixture on top.
Tip 1: Try to eat a fruit salad with breakfast at least once a week, varying the fruit as you wish. Try these
different combinations: oranges, raspberries and blueberries; apple, mango and pomegranate seeds;
pears, blackberries and sliced peach or nectarine.
Tip 2: Remember, if you choose canned fruit, make sure that it's packed in natural fruit juice, not syrup.
Tip 3: If you prefer not to eat dairy products, choose a soya-based yoghurt instead.
Per adult portion (i.e. ¼ recipe)
23g carbohydrate of which 22g sugars
1g fat of which 0.5g saturates
65mg sodium equivalent to 0.2g salt
For more healthy meal ideas head over to www.nhs.uk/Change4Life
For more information on pregnancy health and advice go to www.nhs.uk/Start4Life