We are always hearing about making sure you eat your 5 a day but what does that actually mean? Here's a rough idea of what your 5 a day entails...
- A portion of fruit (80g) is roughly equivalent to:
- A slice or half a large fruit. That could be a slice of melon or half a grapefruit.
- One medium size fruit like an apple you'll buy from market or supermarket.
- Two small size fruits such as two plums or satsumas.
- A portion of dried fruit (30g) is roughly equivalent to:
A heaped tablespoon of dried fruit
- A portion of vegetables (80g) is roughly equivalent to:
- Three heaped tablespoons of peas, beans or pulses.
Two broccoli spears.
Getting your five a day while you are pregnant will help to provide the vitamins, minerals and fibre you and your baby needs.
For more information on pregnancy health and advice go to www.nhs.uk/Start4Life